Friday, April 22, 2011

CSA Oak Grove Farms, Mechanicsburg PA

I am sooooooo excited.  I was driving by Oak Grove Farms today and noticed that they are starting a CSA (Community Supported Agriculture) program!!!!

What is a CSA - it is a way for consumers to buy local, seasonal food directly from a farmer.  Getting fresh produce all Spring, Summer and Fall.  


Oak Grove Farms divided up the CSA into 3 Sessions:
Session 1: May 3rd thru July 7th

Session 2: July 12th thru Sept. 15th
Session 3: Sept. 20th thru Nov. 22nd.


Simply pay $200 before each session and you will get 5/8th of a bushel in fresh produce each week.  This calculates out to $15 each week.  How awesome.  I could easily spend more than that on the produce at the grocery!

They still have openings for the 1st session and I'm applying TODAY!  I know it sounds like a lot of produce, but I think in the long run, it'll be worth it and you can always freeze some of it.


On my blog, I will post a picture of what I get, I doubt I'll be disappointed and by becoming a member, you will also have added discounts and savings on produce and bedding plants.


To learn more - CLICK HERE


It's worth a try, I'm only signing up for 1 session, this way the money oop (out of pocket) won't be too much!


To learn more about Oak Grove Farm's CSA Program - CLICK HERE
  this site (about half way down) will also tell you what you can expect each season!

No comments:

Post a Comment